- One of my most favorite sayings while growing was “what is good for the goose is good for the gander”, unfortunately when it comes to the issue of diet it doesn’t work that way. There is this saying while losing weight or staying healthy generally that there is no one size fits all, this is extremely true and one of the reasons I love trying various methods of losing weight (and trust me I have tried a lot).
The popular diet with every woman looking to slim down (not to really be healthy IMO) right now is low carb diet and I think I was not informed well enough before starting with the strictest of them all KETOGENIC. I have now learned to start at the base of the ladder and moving up to the most difficult of any form of diet from now on.
Anyways, I love the way it happened now because I definitely know better. However, below are my own resolutions about strict diet.
- No one size fits all, i.e. what is good for the goose may not necessarily work for the gander
- Low carbs diet maybe good but you need to prepare well for it. Be well informed and have your pantry ready at least for a month.
- Start gradually. Carbs dropping too low from your body system may cause more harm than good.
- Be well informed, talk to a liberal person on low carb diet. I mean liberal when it involves a person on low carbs who will honestly highlight what the disadvantages are and what advantages you need to focus on and promote. (Very important)
- Know what works for you and that is not detrimental to your overall health
- I will love to do this someday soon, just for the fun of it and not what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Don’t get me wrong, I love eating and living healthy but because I have tried many, I know other methods will work for me but not low carbs especially the strict ones. Over future posts, I will let you into my new world and how I have maintained a comfortable weight for so long even though it is not my goal weight yet.
Keep on keepin on…