Next month (April), it will be exactly one year since I did a relaxer touch to my hair. Right now, I can prove:
– the half inch hair growth per month,
– the black hair grows,
– the black hair responds to treatment
– the thickness and volume of the black hair is simply incomparable
– I could not grow my edges as I desired [so scanty and damaged] – that was the reason I was transitioning in the first place.
– I realized the best way to repair my edges is to simply leave and reduce manipulations to the barest minimum.
– I have a 4c type hair that cannot be left or combed without a protective style.
– *Transitioning had been so difficult and time consuming for me*
– The gray hairs [hereditary] seemed to be multiplying by the hour, I know it had always been there but always less emphasized when it is relaxed.
– I think black hair is costlier to maintain in its natural state. Yes it is, especially when it is not covered the most part of the day.
* The time consuming part is what constitute the major challenge that is making me reconsider my decision now*.
I am really thinking of starting to texlax my hair to sustain the volume and thickness.
If you had tread this path before? How did you handle it?